January 15, 2017 at 8:51 AM #94
Isleclan is a very secretive keep-it-to-yourself type of clan, unless that something incredibly urgent comes up. Then, that’s where they will reach out to the other clans. However, if this isn’t the case, then they solve all conflicts themselves without the other clans’ help. Despite being mysterious to outsiders, the clan is very tight nit, and sticks together, and is actually pretty loving and gentle with it’s members, despite not being as friendly towards outsiders.
Wayfinderstar – played by Pip
— a white and rose-furred tom with piercing yellow eyes
MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE
The general territory is a large forest of Maple, Pitch Pine, Palm, and Coconut trees. It is a pretty territory all in all, an exotic island-y feel to the entire territory itself before it diverse into a more thick temperate forest feel.
North entrance is from the forest, gentle trees easing any outsiders to come in. However, while it seems nice, there’s a twisted grove of tangled tree branches [ref] that block the entrance to camp; unless you know the way in.
This camp is a sandy area where most clan activity is. This area is a clearing, trees and an opening out into the ocean for easy access to either fishing or swimming for warriors or apprentices, along with anyone else of course.
The camp itself is a gentle, soft grassy area clear of trees and brush. This is where some of the activity lies, and where the clan cats are found if they are not in the main camp. This camp is centered around more of towards the dens, as it was chosen to be a camp more formulated for kits, elders, and queens.
Clan Dens [ref] The dens are where the clan sleeps in; they are found if you go Northwest of the camp. If you follow the scent, you can easily find the caves in which they all share. The sand below them is covered by moss, palm leaves, and any feathers that are found, along with furs.
Leader Den [ref] This den is a bit different than the warrior dens, as the leader den is a little more complex. The tree is uprooted slightly, making a den of twisted roots with moss covering the entrance unless you move it aside to get in.
Medical Den [ref] The medical den is found in multiple trees that had grown together to form a large, roomy den for the sick cats of the clan. This can be found before the other dens, using the grassy areas first in order to support the sick cats more.
Nursery Den [ref] The nursery is a large cave further down from the other caves. The kits and mothering cats stay here; the sand below them is covered by moss, palm leaves, and any feathers that are found, along with furs.
Tide Pool [ref] The pool is an area where most of the warriors get the more exotic prey; starfish, octopus, fish, anything they can find that they know aren’t poisonous.
The clan’s primary religion is Starclan, and while not every cat will follow said religion, Duskclan’s set religion is deeply influenced by Starclan. The clan is highly superstitious and believes that signs or omens have definite meanings for what clan life will work in the future.
1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan’s territory.
3. Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled.
9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moon high.
10. A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
13. The word of the Clan Leader is the warrior code.
14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kitty pet.
16. Each Clan has the right to be proud and independent, but in times of trouble they must forget their boundaries and fight side by side to protect the four. Each Clan must help the others so that no Clan will fall.
Neutral All clans, as of now, are neutral to the group.
CAN I JOIN?
Of course! All are (usually) welcome in Duskclan. There isn’t an auto acceptance policy, and if you want to join, the leader has to be present to accept you.
CAN I PLAY A HP?
No. The high positions are chosen in character; you can gain these positions by being active.
DO I HAVE TO PLAY A CAT?
Yes- the clans are traditional, after all.
January 15, 2017 at 7:53 PM #106
- This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Pip.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.